Celebrate Earth Month 2023 at Georgetown
About Earth Month at Georgetown
April is Earth Month at Georgetown University! The calendar below displays the broad range of Earth Day-related activities that you can join in at Georgetown this Earth Month: from volunteering with local organizations, to attending a lecture or film, and more. Join your fellow Hoyas in reflection, celebration and service to our common home!
Calendar of Events
We hope to see you at many of these events sponsored by the Office of Sustainability, the Earth Commons, and the GU Earth Week Collaborative! To have an event added, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events Sponsored by the Office of Sustainability and The Earth Commons
- March 2 – Art Meets Science: Artist talk with Rebecca Rutstein – 6 pm, Georgetown Art Galleries
- March 17 – The Grab (screening and panel with director) – 5:30 pm, Lohrfink Auditorium (RSVP required)
- March 29 – Growing Roots: A Day of Introspection and Community Reflection – 9 am – 4 pm, Calcagnini Contemplative Center (RSVP required)
- March 30 – Amitav Gosh: Voices on the Environment Public Lecture – 1 pm, Gaston Hall (RSVP required)
- March 30 to April 1 – Surya: The Lab for Global Performance and Politics (visioning convening of global artists) (by invitation)
- April 6 to April 15 – Ferry Tales (part of Kennedy Center’s River Run Festival) – varied times and locations
- April 21 – Spring Cleaning Donation Day – 10 am – 1 pm, Harbin Patio
- April 21 – Breaking Ground: A Spring Festival – 1 – 4 pm, Hoya Harvest (Regents Hall 4th Floor Patio)
- April 26 – Robert Bullard: the Father of Environmental Justice Speaks (4 pm – 5:30 pm, Edward B. Bunn, S.J. Intercultural Center Auditorium) (RSVP required)
Events sponsored by the GU Earth Week Collaborative an GradGov
- April 17 – GREEN Community Dinner – 6pm-7pm – Behind Leo’s
- April 17 – Sustainability and Financial Accountability Presentation – 7-8pm, ICC120
- April 18 – Natural Soda Making – 2-4pm, Copley Lawn
- April 18 – GEC Block Clean Up, 5pm-7pm, Front Gates
- April 19 – Zero Waste Education/Reusable Cup Giveaway, 12-2pm, Red Square
- April 19 – Lecture by Gina Wimp, 8pm, ICC108
- April 20 – GEC Grow, 4-6pm, Red Square
- April 20 – Midnight Mug Earth Week Open Mic Night, 7-9pm, Midnight Mug
- April 21 – Farmlink Documentary Screening and Q&A, 3:30pm-5pm, ICC Auditorium
- April 21 – Hoya Sustainability Summit: Business as a Force for Good, 6:30 – 8pm, Copley Hall, Formal Lounge (organized by the GradGov Sustainability Committee)
- April 22 – Smithsonian Center for Environment Justice Launch, 10am-1pm, Anacostia Community Museum
- April 22 – Zero Waste Soap Making, Pt. 2, 4pm-6pm, GUCoGarden
- April 23 – Rock Creek Extreme Clean Up, 10am-12pm, Prospect and C&O
- April 23 – Environmental Scavenger Hunt, 5pm, Georgetown Campus
For more events sponsored by the GU Earth Week Collaborative, please follow @guearthweek on Instagram.
Attending these events? Use #EarthDay2023 to share your story!
More Information and Resources
About Earth Day: Originally created in 1970 as a platform to give voice to an emerging national environmental consciousness, Earth Day remains a powerful reminder of our ability to take action to protect our common home.
Explore Georgetown’s sustainability website to learn more about sustainability at Georgetown.