Sustainability Planning at Georgetown University
The Office of Sustainability is developing a new sustainability plan for the university. The objective of this new plan is to create a shared vision for sustainability at Georgetown, develop goals and targets for measuring our progress, and identify pathways for achieving those goals. This plan will be built on the foundation of previous planning and sustainability work and will be an important opportunity to shape the future of sustainability at Georgetown for the next decade.
You can stay informed about the plan’s progress and opportunities to provide ideas and input by signing up for our sustainability planning listserv.
- Planning Kick-off Meetings: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (daytime event geared towards faculty and staff and evening event geared toward students)
- Sustainability Plan Framework: Draft document released April 27.
- Draft Sustainability Plan: to be released early 2023
- Final Sustainability Plan: to be released 2023
How to Get Involved
- Draft Documents:
- Sustainability Planning Meetings:
- Daytime Kickoff Meeting (geared towards faculty and staff): March 15, 2022, 12:30 to 1:30 pm (See notes, slide deck, and recording)
- Evening Kickoff Meeting (geared towards students): March 15, 2022, 6:00 to 7:30 pm (See notes and slide deck)
- Draft Framework Release Meeting: April 27, 2022, noon to 1:00 pm (see slide deck and recording)
- Sustainability Working Groups: Meetings on each plan topic were held in Winter-Spring 2022, but you can still sign up to receive updates in planning progress.
- Sustainability Office Hours: Office of Sustainability Staff held open office hours at the Office of Sustainability 4-5 pm on alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays in Spring 2022.
- MindMixer Input Tool: Brainstorm ideas for what should be addressed in the plan (now closed).
- Email: Have an idea or subject you would like to see addressed in the plan? Email us at email@example.com (new window) to share your thoughts or to set up a meeting.
Planning Inputs and Resources
The following resources will help shape and inform the new Georgetown University Sustainability Plan:
- Relevant Georgetown Planning Work
- Georgetown Sustainability Data and Analysis Work
- STARS Sustainability Performance Assessment (Sept 2020)
- International Sustainability Standards
- Existing District of Columbia Sustainability Plans
- Relevant District of Columbia Legislation and Regulations
To find out more or for questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.