Welcome to the Georgetown Green Offices Program
Georgetown's Green Offices pilot program launched in January, 2011, inviting our staff and faculty to join a simple, friendly competition between offices to go "green" - and, in doing so, help the University meet our sustainability goals.
The program provides a variety of simple actions that your office can implement to help conserve energy, reduce waste, and make more environmentally friendly purchases.
In recognition for our offices' efforts, the Sustainability Office certified qualifying offices as Hoya Green in 2011!
Congratulations to Our Current Green Offices
Green Office Champions - These offices completed 19 or more green actions in their workplace:
- Outdoor Education
- School of Nursing and Health Studies
- University Information Services
- UIS Student Help Desk
- Office of Human Resources
- Center for Student Programs
- Health Education Services
Certified Green Offices - These offices completed 14 or more green actions in their workplace:
- Campus Ministry
- Kennedy Institute of Ethics
- Department of Biology
- Department of Philosophy
- Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits
- Hoya Kids Learning Center
- Center for Social Justice Research, Teaching and Service
- Office of Technology Commercialization
- Gervase Building Third Floor
- Law Center Facilities Management
- Law Library
- Law Center Faculty Support and Campus Services
Find Out How Your Office Can Sign Up Today
Explore the links below to find out how your office can participate.
We hope to hear from you soon!
- Green Offices Certification Process
- Green Offices FAQ
- Green Offices Application / Green Actions Credit List
- Green Offices Tip Sheets